Like to explore the career opportunities and paths further?
To take your first steps towards beginning a career in hardware click on the links below to find out more information!
For more information on a potential career in the hardware industry, please contact your School Industry Liaison Officer, Career Counsellor or your local hardware store operator.
About School Based Traineeship’s:
Australia has a shortage – a shortage that you could help us fill with a traineeship.
Did you know?
You can start your traineeship in the Hardware Industry while you are still at school – and get paid! How good is that!
A traineeship is open to you once you turn 15 year old.
If you take up an Australian School-based Traineeship, you can undertake a nationally-recognised qualification part-time as a trainee and earn a wage – while still working towards your secondary school certificate.
- Consider Hardware as a career option and there are many career pathways available.
- Talk to your school careers adviser, parents and friends about the careers that you could do in the Hardware Industry.
- Look at recruitment ads to see what skills are needed.
- Register for job alerts in the Hardware Industry.
- Your school careers adviser may know or help you find an employer who would like to employ you as a trainee.