COVID-19 has changed our lives in a way we never imagined, many of you are wearing the burden of the mental health and wellbeing of your family and staff. Now more than ever it’s important to check in with yourself and not just your team.
Last week the federal government launched a digital hub to support small businesses with mental health and wellbeing resources.
Ahead for Business is an initiative of Everymind and is funded by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources.
Resources available to you on the hub include:
- Interactive tool kits: Designed with small business owners and policymakers in mind, these toolkits provide practical guidance on how to support small business owners and how small business owners can make the most of their existing networks.
- Adverse events spotlight: A centralised hub of support, information and resources for small business owners and those who support them to assist in navigating adverse events like COVID-19, drought and bushfires.
- Voices and stories from small business owners: A blog space featuring the voices and stories from small business owners across multiple settings and industries.
- Personalised dashboard: A secure, private portal where small business owners can save resources, results and information and track their progress over time.
- Connect and chat online: Access an anonymous, peer-focused online forum featuring topics and issues that matter to small business owners.
- Directory of support: A section that connects to service providers and organisations who provide mental health, business and industry support for small business owners.
- Identify your stressors: Access a range of digital tools and plans to identify personal and business stress points and understand current mental health and wellbeing status, including personalised resources.
- Tailored multimedia resources: A series of podcasts, videos and case studies designed to empower small business owners, and those who support them, to take action on their mental health and wellbeing.
Upcoming Mental Health Events and Webinars
On 2nd September, ForestWorks will be holding a free webinar on actions you should take to implement a mental health workplace webinar if you’re able to attend make sure you register and a recording will be sent to you so that you can catch up in your own time.
R U Ok?Day is coming up on 10th September, the day aims to encourage and remind Australian’s that every day is the day to ask, “Are you Ok?”. More details and resources to use in your business to promote the date visit https://www.ruok.org.au/